Say What? The OH comments of ILSHRM11
Today’s post is courtesy of Josh Rock – hockey fan, HR-dude, and social media wonk. I had the distinct pleasure of hanging with Josh at last week’s ILSHRM11 conference and rumor has it that the two of us conspired to flaunt the rules of the conference center facility – but that’s just a rumor. You can follow Josh on Twitter or give him a shout on LinkedIn.
I recently had the luxury of being able to tag along with a group of conference travelers. Being the new guy I wanted to learn from these people so I brought my notepad just in case. Well, I’m glad I came prepared as I was able to jot down some random statements that caught in particular parts could make many people blush.
With that here are some random liners overheard (OH) at the recent Illinois SHRM State Conference. I am keeping the identification of those who spoke these words private in order to blackmail them at a later date. (Note: I accept drinks, hockey memorabilia or straight cash as payment.)
These are in no particular order:
1) “It sounds like somebody is peeing on the floor.” I just arrived when this was heard, I couldn’t resist starting the list right away.
2) “Nobody enjoys my boobs!” A great topic to focus on since men have no problem easing one’s fear of that.
3) “Hot Chicks of HR ‘say what? We’re smarter than you think!” This conversation sprang into a full future conference breakout proposal. Coming to a conference
4) “On top or on the bottom?” No more about the chicken or the egg coming first, this is the purest discussion available in today’s conferences.
5) “Is your wife here?” ‘Nuff said!
6) “We came together, we’re leaving together!” Sure thing, let’s go!
7) “Wet Dreams & Choreography” Not sure how these two come together but, hey, it’s Illinois.
8) “1st time I met him, I thought he was albino. Is that wrong?” Somebody get Don King on the phone, somebody might want to throw down.
9) “Someone fondled my head.” Sounds like a money maker – massages at the conference.
10) “There’s something on my face.” Don’t ask, don’t tell!
11) “I’m going in with the other foot.” Where’s the first one & how did it get there?
12) “I’d go down on Buckingham.” Person, place or thing?
13) “Uh – Oh, Can I finish?” If you have to ask, No!
14) “Women country-wide are afraid to fight me.” Somebody call the folks at the UFC, we might have a new league – HRFC.
Well now that you’re caught up on this wealth of knowledge, go forth and carry the torch to your chapters. Wait, please don’t! The last thing we need is for this to circle around and give more ammo to those that uttered the words above.
Until next time…Peace!